YOGA RETREATS at JOYOS SURF CAMP G-LAND
Here at Joyos Surf Camp G-Land we invite you to join us for retreats focused on yoga, meditation and health. The Camp is located in serene rainforest, surrounded by pristine beaches, world class waves and breath-taking natural beauty. Here we offer WOMEN HORMONAL HEALTH and REST & RESTORE RETREATS in small groups where we focus on your individual needs.
Joyo’s Surf Camp G-land is located in the National Park of Alas Purwo, meaning first forest or ancient forest. According to Javanese legend, Alas Purwo was the site where the earth first emerged from the ocean. Alas Purwo attracts many spiritual pilgrims searching for enlightenment who gather for meditation in the caves and visit Pura Luhur Giri Seloka, a Hindu temple located in the park. Energetically, the area has immense potential to bring clarity and healing, allowing you to reconnect to Mother Earth and to yourself, rest, restore and renew your perspective.
During our retreats we will take you on a journey to reconnect to your true self. We will offer yoga and meditation practice, based on hatha, gentle vinyasa flow, therapeutic, yin and restorative yoga. You will link mindful movement with your breath which will allow you to reconnect to your body on a deeper level, reduce stress and improve balance and flexibility. You will discover how your thoughts and emotions influence your physical form and subtle energy systems of chakras and meridians.
You will be guided throughout the retreat by our highly qualified teacher, Gosia Orlicz. Gosia is a holistic pharmacist, health coach, yoga teacher and therapist, who has been teaching yoga internationally for over ten years. Gosia combines knowledge from both eastern and western modalities and specialises in women’s hormonal health and therapeutic yoga. Gosia will help you gain understanding about how your yoga practice can create an access point for healing and transformation of body, mind and spirit.
Our retreats welcome beginners, nature lovers, couples and single travellers. We provide yoga mats, blocks, belts and bolsters to make your practice safe and comfortable. You will practice in an open space surrounded by sounds of the jungle with wildlife dropping into the class from time to time. There will also be free time to simply rest, have a massage, relax at the beach or go for a walk in the rainforest.
During the retreat we will offer nutritious meals prepared by our chefs in Joyo’s kitchen. As we are in a remote location, we endeavour to source as much local food as possible. We use fresh ingredients to create delicious vegetarian, non-vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options.
We welcome you to stay with us in the jungle, reconnect to nature and your soul, unwind, relax and transform your life!
HORMONAL HEALTH RETREAT FOR WOMEN
Our menstrual cycle is a very powerful, stress sensitive and responding system. When we nourish our hormonal system, and connect deeper to our cycle, we can gain more insight, deep wisdom and feminine power. Understanding your cycle, its natural rhythms and your moods, helps you to stay in balance with your body and your lifestyle.
During our HORMONAL HEALTH RETREAT FOR WOMEN, you will reconnect with your body and your cycle and learn how to reduce pre-menstrual tension, anxiety, mood changes and irritation, which is essential in every stage of your life. You will discover yoga poses to alleviate pain, reduce symptoms of PMS and restore regularity of your cycles. You will be led through meditation, restorative yoga and yoga nidra practices, which will help you reduce anxiety and tiredness. Lots of practical information on hormonal health will give you better understanding of physiological and psychological aspects of your cycle. You will gain knowledge about the influence of nutrition and lifestyle on your hormonal health. Creativity workshops and sharing circles will allow you to reconnect to the feminine energy and your women tribe.
REST & RESTORE RETREAT
It’s time to take a rest dear, go within and take care of yourself. If that resonates with you, if you’re feeling tired or even exhausted, if everything seems like it is ‘too much’ – here is a space for you to deeply rest, reconnect to yourself and reload your batteries. Our REST & RESTORE RETREAT offers you daily slow and gentle yoga practices, deep relaxation in yoga nidra, restorative yoga, sharing circles and meditations, giving you support to slow down and find peace and calmness. You will also have lots of time to recharge your energy at beautiful, pristine beaches, swim, take a walk, read a book or simply do nothing. You will de-stress, relax and take home valuable tools from the retreat which we will support you to incorporate into your daily life. Come and relax deeply in our paradise!
HORMONAL HEALTH RETREAT:
August 6 – 12
- REST & RESTORE:
March 27 – April 2
August 15 – 21
Oct 20 – 26
Nov 7 – 13
Single room 1300 USD/Person
Shared room 1200 USD/Person
Early bird price till 15.1.2020:
Single room 1090 USD/Person
Shared room 990 USD/Person
6 nights / 7 days
- 6 nights in Joyo’s SUPERIOR or VIP room with private bathroom, hot water and AC (according to your needs private room or shared accommodation with your friend)
- pick up and drop off from hotel in Bali / airport
- fastboat round trip to G-land from Kuta Bali (min 10 ppl, takes 2-2.5h) or transportation by plane from Bali to Banyuwangi Airport (20 min flight) and by car to the camp (around 1.5h)
- 3 delicious and healthy meals prepared by Joyo’s chef, adjusted to your personal dietary preferences
- daily 2 juices / 2 coconuts / 2 soft drinks
- unlimited drinking water refill
- 6 morning gentle HORMONAL BALANCING YOGA or GENTLE YOGA & MEDITATION sessions
- 6 afternoon guided meditation / yoga nidra / yin yoga / restorative yoga sessions
- 3 workshops on hormonal health / creativity workshops / sharing circles / mindfulness techniques
- complimentary yoga equipment during your retreat: mat, blocks, belt, bolsters
- 1 excursion to the meditation caves and Pura Luhur Giri Seloka temple
- all transports within the National Park to the beaches and excursions
- free time for swimming, sunbathing or reading
- 1 massage
- Alas Purwo National Park taxes
- free wi-fi
- 24h electricity
- mosquito net
What to expect?
- Natural location in a pristine rainforest
- Wildlife around the camp
- White sand beaches
- Peaceful environment
- Just a little advice: we are in a remote location within a National Park. There is a plenty of time and space for peace and quiet but there are no shops, cafes, clubs, bars or nightlife. If you’re looking for these things our retreats are not for you.
What to bring?
- sport shoes to walk in the jungle
- mosquito repellent
- toiletries like shampoo, toothpaste, tampons etc.
- light, breathable and comfortable clothing
- bikini or swimsuit
- a long sleeve for the evening & early morning
- a beach towel / sarong
- water bottle
- copy of health / accident insurance (just in case)
- your regular medication / supplements
Gosia Orlicz is a holistic pharmacist, health coach, yoga teacher and therapist, who has been teaching yoga internationally for over ten years. Gosia combines knowledge from both eastern and western modalities and specialises in women’s hormonal health and therapeutic yoga. Passionate about health, wellbeing and spirituality, she first studied pharmacy in her hometown Gdansk in Poland and used to work as a holistic pharmacist and health coach in Germany and Switzerland. Further studies on yoga, ayurveda, pranayama, chinese medicine and therapeutic yoga gives her tools to interconnect different fields. Gosia will help you gain understanding about how your yoga practice can create an access point for healing and transformation of body, mind and spirit.